A Liebster Award
I must confess, I had no idea what a liebster might be. Was this an award for telling fibs? Was it anything like a lobster? I gave up and went to the dictionary. The word sounded a bit German in origin, and so it is. It means beloved person, love, close friend. I like this. I also like that the award was presented to me by My Daily Mindfield. This is a blog you really should visit daily. You will be enlightened and entertained.
I have been given eleven questions to answer, so I will do my best.
- Which do you prefer – Football (NFL) or Football (rest of the world)?
- Which tastes better – Vanilla or Chocolate?
- Soda of choice – Coke or Pepsi?
- What is your favorite book and who is your favorite author?
- You need a break, do you head to the ocean or the mountains?
- How many countries have you visited?
- Do you have pets? If so, what?
- Which do you read – paper books or electronic books?
- What is your favorite season, of the year?
- Do you play a musical instrument? If so, which one or ones?
- How’s it all going to end – Nuclear Explosion or Meteor Crashing from Space?
1. It doesn’t matter to me how you pronounce the game of football. It confuses me, though I am trying to learn more about the game.
2. Which taste better, vanilla or chocolate? I can’t say that one tastes better than the other, but I will say that I prefer a chocolate cake over a vanilla cake.
3. Pepsi is not for me. I drink coke products, mainly sprite.
4. This is the hardest question to answer. I have many ‘favorite’ books. The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck made a huge impression on me when I was about 12 years old. I also loved The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough. One of my favorite authors is Stephen King. I have read all of his books. I also love to read books by Dean Koonz.
5. I live in the mountains, but I still love to take a ride and enjoy the views when I need a break.
6. I have only been in the US. I would love to visit Scotland some day.
7. I have a cat named Andy.
8. When I read, I want a real, old-fashioned paper book.
9. Autumn is my favorite season. I love the colors, the crisp mountain air, the idea of candied-apples and pumpkin pie and Halloween.
10. I don’t play an instrument. I do help lead the music for Sunday morning worship at church.
11. How will the present age end? God tells us that the earth will be destroyed by fire. How He intends to accomplish this, I do not know. There are many ways to start a fire.
The people I believe deserve this award are many. I have made some wonderful friends here.
My eleven questions for the nominees are:
1. What is your idea of the coolest pen name?
2. If you were King/Queen…
3. What was the coolest decade for being a teen?
4. If you made the laws, how would you stop child abuse?
5. How would you end poverty if you had the power?
6. When did you realize you wanted to write?
7. What is your favorite dessert?
8. Who was the greatest influence in your life?
9. What was your favorite subject in school?
10. If you could live anywhere on earth, where would that be and why?
11. Do you like winning these awards?